Senior Information Architect (also IA and FA)
(Public Company; Marketing and Advertising industry) January 2007 – June 2013 (6 years 6 months)
- Clients include: Major (confidential) Insurance Client (lead on multiple workstreams), BlackBerry, Prudential (lead on multiple workstreams), T. Rowe Price, Oppenheimer, MetLife (intranet redesign), EMC.com, American Red Cross (intranet redesign) and Ford (multiple workstreams). Also worked on the implementation of the redesign of Disney’s ESPN.com (winner of two Webby Awards).
- Long-term subject matter expert on the Ford SYNC hands-free voice-control system, and primary UX designer for the initial MyFord and MyLincoln Touch owner support site–with social media strategy. Also solved integration issues within the Ford web ecosystem with the Ford Owner, Vehicle and Corporate sites over 2+ years.
- 2 years assigned to Condé Nast large scale web projects: the Webby Award-winning Style.com (with Vogue magazine site still incorporated), Men’s Style.com (with GQ still incorporated), Portfolio.com, and the social media/creative scrapbooking site for teenaged girls, Flip.com.
- Subject matter expert for e-learning/training projects, for global and cross-cultural UX research, and on media and entertainment interfaces relating to social media, UGC, syndication and online publishing.
Chris has 4 recommendations (1 manager) including:
Jeffrey Yam, Sr IA at Razorfish
I am always envious of how astute Chris can be. Given any situation or problem, she can quickly find an angle and express her perspective on a solution. This makes Chris a wonderful ally. I know for certain that whenever I am stumped, I can count on Chris to challenge my assumptions with her honesty and perceptiveness. She helps myself find reason and certainty behind my…more
May 16, 2013, Jeffrey worked directly with Chris at Razorfish
Marisa Gallagher, Vice President, Design at CNN
Had the wonderful pleasure to work with Chris on a big redesign of a major sports news site and she was instrumental to the project’s eventual success and launch. She worked to translate the design work into something the development team could very easily take, run with, and most importantly build! What’s more, her clear, comprehensive, and expert analysis and…more
September 1, 2010, Marisa managed Chris indirectly at Razorfish
Tathagata Samanta, Experience Design Director at R/GA
Chris is an outstanding IA. She has concurrent strengths in creative thinking and conceptualization. Her knowledge in the field of journalism and social networking was always a plus to the team. I had worked with her in challenging times and she was always a cool performer. In addition she has an awesome attitude, fun to work with and very reliable.
June 18, 2010, Tathagata worked directly with Chris at Razorfish
Richard Manso, Asst. Vice President, Interactive Marketing / E-Business at Lancôme
Chris is a delight to work with not only because of her witty personality, but because of the passion that she has for her work. Chris combines her background in education with her in-depth knowledge of the digital arena to offer a different element of IA creativity to the projects she works on. As a former functional analyst, Chris is not afraid to dig into back-end…more
March 8, 2010, Richard managed Chris at Razorfish
(Public Company: 10,001 or more employees: TWX; Broadcast Media industry) August 2001 – December 2006 (5 years 5 months)
- Started one month before 9/11 & wrote the on-screen 2-deck headline “ticker” from 2001-2003, through some of the most incredible breaking news in recent history.
- CNN.com cyberculture/cult media columnist 2002-2005: BuzzFactor, HotWired. Columns archived at Muckrack.com/ChrisBoese/portfolio.
- Developed intranet HLN blog on spec, 2003. Project reborn for entire CNN newsgroup, 2006.
- Freelanced CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360” April 2004. Completed copy editor training & staffed on copyediting shifts..
Chris has 3 recommendations (1 manager, 1 co-worker, 1 partner) including:
School of Journalism, University of Montana
(Educational Institution: 501-1000 employees: Higher Education industry) August 2005 – December 2005 ( 5 months)
- Taught one-semester endowed visiting professorship, including seminar on weblogs and citizen journalism movement, while on leave from CNN.
- Co-advisor to student newspaper, directing the RSS-based redesign of CMS and its online edition.
- 300+ attended public lecture on warblogs vs. traditional journalism delivered for the endowment.
Chris has 1 recommendation (1 co-worker) including:
- Prageeta Sharma, Director of the Creative Writing Program, University of Montana, Missoula
(Educational Institution ; 1001-5000 employees ; Higher Education industry) August 1998 – May 2002 (3 years 10 months)
- Department of English, MA in Professional Communication Program, Clemson University, Clemson, SC.
- Specialties: Visual Communication, New Media and Web Design, Interaction Architecture and Usability, Professional Communication, Pilot Laptop Program.
- Taught graduate seminars in Visual Communication, Rhetoric of Web Publishing, Writing for Electronic Media; Undergraduate courses in Professional/Technical Communication, Laptop Composition, Honors Composition, Writing for Electronic Media, Writing to the World Wide Web.
Chris has 2 recommendations (1 co-worker, 1 partner) including:
Director, PSA Interactive Resources Studio: Sponsored Research Grant
(Educational Institution ; 1001-5000 employees ; Online Media industry) May 1999 – May 2001 (2 years 1 month)
- Received $100,000 grant over 3 school years to create and direct the PSA Interactive Resources Studio for Clemson Public Service Activities (1998-2001).
- As Director, implemented redesign of the PSA web portal and about a dozen PSA client sites with staff of graduate assistants and undergraduate programmers.
- Implemented formal usability study post-launch with coded video data. Hosted and directed other grant-funded, nationally-published graduate thesis usability studies.
Cisco Systems (Albany, NY office)
(Public Company ; 10,001 or more employees ; CSCO; Computer Networking industry) May 1997 – December 1997 ( 8 months)
- Created Excel database for the NYS government contract; planned and designed local node of the Cisco Web behind a firewall for NYS contract price list, demo inventory, and promotions. Set up demo web server.
(Educational Institution ; 1001-5000 employees ; Publishing industry) January 1996 – May 1997 (1 year 5 months)
- DTP for research publications & large posters.
- Technical schematics, photo-editing, illustration.
- Poster designs won Society of Technical Communication award.
Grad Research, Marketing, and Teaching Assistant (while completing Ph.D.)
(Educational Institution ; 1001-5000 employees ; Research industry) August 1993 – May 1997 (3 years 10 months)
- Marketing and Recruitment Grad Assistant: Electronic Media, Arts, and Communication (EMAC Program). Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY. (1995-96) Marketing and Recruitment, Lead Web Designer. Won RPI Founders’ Award for work with EMAC (highest award given at the university).
- Teaching Assistant: Language, Literature and Communication, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY. (1994-96) Courses: Expository Writing (pilot course for computer-assisted teaching), Writing for Electronic Media, Writing to the World Wide Web (new courses I developed), computer workshops for faculty.
- Research Assistant: Language, Literature and Communication, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY. (Fall 1993) NSF-funded Design Conference Room for Computer-Supported Collaborative Work.
(Public Company ; 10,001 or more employees ; UIS; Online Media industry) July 1995 – July 1995 (1 month)
- Seminar / Site Workshop for the UNISYS Transportation Sector Marketing Group, Bluebell, PA. (July 1995) 1-day seminar to help TMSG overhaul web site for graphical competitiveness, nonlinear design, and high-end functionality.
- Prepared formal recommendations after session.
(Educational Institution ; 1001-5000 employees ; Higher Education industry) August 1990 – May 1993 (2 years 10 months)
- English Dept. Courses taught: Newswriting, Reporting, Feature Writing, Photojournalism, Photo Editing, Honors Composition, and First-year Composition.
Chris has 1 recommendation (1 partner) including:
- Lisa Dickert Flournoy, Writer & Researcher, Freelance
(Public Company ; 501-1000 employees ; TOC; Newspapers industry) January 1989 – December 1989 (1 year)
Photographer II (Dept Manager)
(Educational Institution ; 1001-5000 employees ; Media Production industry) January 1986 – August 1988 (2 years 8 months)
- University photographer of record at major functions and events.
- Shot for viewbook & marketing materials, most university publications and press releases.
- Produced and wrote feature stories to go with photo essay press releases.
- Managed staff, studio and darkroom. Handled budget and interdepartmental billing for campus service offerings.
Contract Reporter and Photographer
(Privately Held ; 1-10 employees ; Newspapers industry) September 1985 – August 1986 (1 year)
Reporter, Photographer, Darkroom Production
(Privately Held ; 51-200 employees ; Newspapers industry) November 1977 – August 1985 (7 years 10 months)
- Regular stringer, sports and community activities: 1977-1980.
- Ad paste-up: 1980.
- Full-time general assignment reporter, photographer, darkroom tech (photos, half-toning, shooting full page negs on a stat camera, and burning plates): June 1985-September 1985. Fully trained on the early Compugraphic computer typesetters.