Vice President – Lead UX Architect
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Greater NYC Area: June 2018 – Present
- I’m bringing UX and service design to applied AI & machine learning, global cloud infrastructure, data and analytics, with reporting visualization metrics and other explanatory, interactive tools to monitor, optimize, and transform the way large enterprise systems scale up and down.
- I work closely with data scientists to harness AI and machine learning to facilitate new kinds of efficiencies at great scale as part of strategic business transformation.
Advisory Board Member – Design Thinking Program
Pace University – Lubin School of Business
Greater NYC Area: June 2020 – Present
- Invited to join Pace University’s Advisory Board, Lubin School of Business Design Thinking Program.
- The Pace Design Thinking Executive Program is a a hands-on course to help people in a wide range of industries apply principles that drive innovation. With techniques developed by top firms, the course helps members learn skills and tools to improve their enterprise’s customer experiences.
First Vice President
New York Metro Chapter of the Society of Technical Communication
Greater NYC Area: July 2019 – July 2021
Lead Product – Experience Designer
Greater NYC Area: September 2015 – June 2018
- I worked primarily on data and analytics, dashboards and platform portals at the leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for clinical research in the life sciences.
- I also led design thinking workshops across product groups and hackathons, and coordinated the research plans, UX process, discovery phase user research, and usability testing for the Medidata UX department.
- In November 2017, I was end-to-end Event Coordinator for the Design Studio at the Medidata NEXT NYC conference (1,200+ life sciences attendees), occupying one entire end of the Innovation Lab (coffee break and food) area at Spring Street Studios.
- I led the Medidata UX team through a design thinking workshop to brainstorm and collaborate on a theme, immersive user experience, stations, and engagement activities. The event was a success, the first of its kind to be held by Medidata, opening significant new pathways to user research and communication with customers in the operational clinical trial spaces.
Design Lead – Independent Contractor
Greater NYC Area: January 2015 – August 2015
Associate Director of User Experience
Atmosphere Proximity (BBDO)
Greater NYC Area: January 2014-January 2015
- Responsible for business growth and development in building the health and wellness practice with large clients such as Johnson & Johnson (DePuy Synthes) and Novo Nordisk (Saxenda, TruthAboutWeight.com). I also worked on UX designs for a 5-company consortium, 3-step, formal Pharma research project to standardize web display rules for important drug safety information, delivered to an FDA Advisory Panel.
- UX leadership in a growing department, mentoring UX designers, content strategists and business analysts, building out a research archive and library, establishing document templates and standards, and evangelizing UX processes and deliverables within a more traditional/creative advertising agency.
Senior Information Architect – Contract
H4B Chelsea (Havas)
Greater NYC Area: July 2013-December 2013
- It was my job to design a multi-channel patient support engagement platform critical for patients and health care providers as part of an intensive multi-year treatment program for a newly-approved multiple sclerosis treatment, Lemtrada (Sanofi-Genzyme).
- I was also responsible for a unified UX vision across more than 10 different interactive sites and apps for iPad and Web (responsive design for mobile), for specific products for patients, health care providers, and reps.
Senior Information Architect (also Information Architect and functional Business Analyst)
(Public Company; Marketing and Advertising industry) January 2007 – June 2013 (6 years 6 months)
- Promoted twice in 6 years at Razorfish. I worked on large-scale Web publishing projects with enterprise content management systems. With the rise of big data, I expanded to dashboards for financial services and corporate intranets, and as subject matter consultant on e-learning/LMS projects.
- For more than 2 years I solved integration issues within the Ford web ecosystem with Ford Owner, Vehicle and Corporate sites: on the Ford corporate site, Ford Auto Shows, and Ford SYNCmyride.com. I became the long-term subject matter expert on the Ford SYNC hands-free voice-control system, and primary UX designer for the initial CES-launch of the MyFord and MyLincoln Touch owner support site–with social media strategy.
- My team’s work on the MyFord Touch owner support site led to a multi-million-dollar contract extension to redesign the entire Ford Owner Support system, using the unique CMS content publishing model I developed for the MyFord Touch launch.
- Assigned to media and publishing clients for 2 years, I worked on the redesign of Disney’s ESPN.com (winner of two Webby awards). I was staffed on a range of Conde’ Nast products: on CondeNet’s Webby award-winning Style.com (with Vogue magazine site), the financial magazine site, Portfolio.com, and the web and app design of CondeNet’s social media/creative multimedia scrapbooking site for teenage girls, Flip.com (associated with Teen Vogue magazine).
- In my last 2 years at Razorfish, I focused on financial and business clients, including: Prudential (lead on multiple workstreams), T. Rowe Price, Oppenheimer, MetLife (intranet redesign), EMC.com, Pearson, American Red Cross (intranet redesign) and Blackberry.
Chris has 4 recommendations (1 manager) including:
Jeffrey Yam, Sr IA at Razorfish
I am always envious of how astute Chris can be. Given any situation or problem, she can quickly find an angle and express her perspective on a solution. This makes Chris a wonderful ally. I know for certain that whenever I am stumped, I can count on Chris to challenge my assumptions with her honesty and perceptiveness. She helps myself find reason and certainty behind my…more
May 16, 2013, Jeffrey worked directly with Chris at Razorfish
Marisa Gallagher, Vice President, Design at CNN
Had the wonderful pleasure to work with Chris on a big redesign of a major sports news site and she was instrumental to the project’s eventual success and launch. She worked to translate the design work into something the development team could very easily take, run with, and most importantly build! What’s more, her clear, comprehensive, and expert analysis and…more
September 1, 2010, Marisa managed Chris indirectly at Razorfish
Tathagata Samanta, Experience Design Director at R/GA
Chris is an outstanding IA. She has concurrent strengths in creative thinking and conceptualization. Her knowledge in the field of journalism and social networking was always a plus to the team. I had worked with her in challenging times and she was always a cool performer. In addition she has an awesome attitude, fun to work with and very reliable.
June 18, 2010, Tathagata worked directly with Chris at Razorfish
Richard Manso, Asst. Vice President, Interactive Marketing / E-Business at Lancôme
Chris is a delight to work with not only because of her witty personality, but because of the passion that she has for her work. Chris combines her background in education with her in-depth knowledge of the digital arena to offer a different element of IA creativity to the projects she works on. As a former functional analyst, Chris is not afraid to dig into back-end…more
March 8, 2010, Richard managed Chris at Razorfish
(Public Company: 10,001 or more employees: TWX; Broadcast Media industry) August 2001 – December 2006 (5 years 5 months)
- Started one month before 9/11 & wrote the on-screen 2-deck headline “ticker” from 2001-2003, through some of the most incredible breaking news in recent history.
- CNN.com cyberculture/cult media columnist 2002-2005: BuzzFactor, HotWired. Columns archived at Muckrack.com/ChrisBoese/portfolio.
- Developed intranet HLN blog on spec, 2003. Project reborn for entire CNN newsgroup, 2006.
- Freelanced CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360” April 2004. Completed copy editor training & staffed on copyediting shifts..
Chris has 3 recommendations (1 manager, 1 co-worker, 1 partner) including:
School of Journalism, University of Montana
(Educational Institution: 501-1000 employees: Higher Education industry) August 2005 – December 2005 ( 5 months)
- Taught one-semester endowed visiting professorship, including seminar on weblogs and citizen journalism movement, while on leave from CNN.
- Co-advisor to student newspaper, directing the RSS-based redesign of CMS and its online edition.
- 300+ attended public lecture on warblogs vs. traditional journalism delivered for the endowment.
Chris has 1 recommendation (1 co-worker) including:
- Prageeta Sharma, Director of the Creative Writing Program, University of Montana, Missoula
(Educational Institution ; 1001-5000 employees ; Higher Education industry) August 1998 – May 2002 (3 years 10 months)
- Department of English, MA in Professional Communication Program, Clemson University, Clemson, SC.
- Specialties: Visual Communication, New Media and Web Design, Interaction Architecture and Usability, Professional Communication, Pilot Laptop Program.
- Taught graduate seminars in Visual Communication, Rhetoric of Web Publishing, Writing for Electronic Media; Undergraduate courses in Professional/Technical Communication, Laptop Composition, Honors Composition, Writing for Electronic Media, Writing to the World Wide Web.
Chris has 2 recommendations (1 co-worker, 1 partner) including:
Director, PSA Interactive Resources Studio: Sponsored Research Grant
(Educational Institution ; 1001-5000 employees ; Online Media industry) May 1999 – May 2001 (2 years 1 month)
- Received $100,000 grant over 3 school years to create and direct the PSA Interactive Resources Studio for Clemson Public Service Activities (1998-2001).
- As Director, implemented redesign of the PSA web portal and about a dozen PSA client sites with staff of graduate assistants and undergraduate programmers.
- Implemented formal usability study post-launch with coded video data. Hosted and directed other grant-funded, nationally-published graduate thesis usability studies.
Cisco Systems (Albany, NY office)
(Public Company ; 10,001 or more employees ; CSCO; Computer Networking industry) ( 8 months)
- Created Excel database for the NYS government contract; planned and designed local node of the Cisco Web behind a firewall for NYS contract price list, demo inventory, and promotions. Set up demo web server.
(Educational Institution ; 1001-5000 employees ; Publishing industry) (1 year 5 months)
- DTP for research publications & large posters.
- Technical schematics, photo-editing, illustration.
- Poster designs won Society of Technical Communication award.
Grad Research, Marketing, and Teaching Assistant (while completing Ph.D.)
(Educational Institution ; 1001-5000 employees ; Research industry) (3 years 10 months)
- Marketing and Recruitment Grad Assistant: Electronic Media, Arts, and Communication (EMAC Program). Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY. (1995-96) Marketing and Recruitment, Lead Web Designer. Won RPI Founders’ Award for work with EMAC (highest award given at the university).
- Teaching Assistant: Language, Literature and Communication, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY. (1994-96) Courses: Expository Writing (pilot course for computer-assisted teaching), Writing for Electronic Media, Writing to the World Wide Web (new courses I developed), computer workshops for faculty.
- Research Assistant: Language, Literature and Communication, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY. (Fall 1993) NSF-funded Design Conference Room for Computer-Supported Collaborative Work.
(Public Company ; 10,001 or more employees ; UIS; Online Media industry)
- Seminar / Site Workshop for the UNISYS Transportation Sector Marketing Group, Bluebell, PA. (July 1995) 1-day seminar to help TMSG overhaul web site for graphical competitiveness, nonlinear design, and high-end functionality.
- Prepared formal recommendations after session.
(Educational Institution ; 1001-5000 employees ; Higher Education industry) (2 years 10 months)
- English Dept. Courses taught: Newswriting, Reporting, Feature Writing, Photojournalism, Photo Editing, Honors Composition, and First-year Composition.
Chris has 1 recommendation (1 partner) including:
- Lisa Dickert Flournoy, Writer & Researcher, Freelance
(Public Company ; 501-1000 employees ; TOC; Newspapers industry) (1 year)
Photographer II (Dept Manager)
(Educational Institution ; 1001-5000 employees ; Media Production industry) (2 years 8 months)
- University photographer of record at major functions and events.
- Shot for viewbook & marketing materials, most university publications and press releases.
- Produced and wrote feature stories to go with photo essay press releases.
- Managed staff, studio and darkroom. Handled budget and interdepartmental billing for campus service offerings.
Contract Reporter and Photographer
(Privately Held ; 1-10 employees ; Newspapers industry) (1 year)
Reporter, Photographer, Darkroom Production
(Privately Held ; 51-200 employees ; Newspapers industry) (7 years 10 months)
- Regular stringer, sports and community activities
- Ad paste-up
- Full-time general assignment reporter, photographer, darkroom tech (photos, half-toning, shooting full page negs on a stat camera, and burning plates): June 1985-September 1985. Fully trained on the early Compugraphic computer typesetters.